We just got back from an amazing beach vacation with my parents. It was the long vacation Scott and I've had since our honeymoon. We left our computers at home and turned our cell phones off. It was nice not having to think about work and be "unplugged."
We stayed in a resort on the beach and on the backside was a lake (sea water but they called it a lake). We had two balconies - one with a gulfview and one with a lakeview. It was between Destin and Panama City Beach, just a few miles away from where we go with our friends, Brandy and Dan. Scott, Dad, and I took the snorkels and watched fish daily. Dad and Scott saw much more than I did, but I loved shuffling the sand and watching the beautiful fish come to my hands. Dad caught a few for fun on a string and hook on his finger so Addi was able to check out the fish before he released them. Other than that the water was clear and the beaches beautiful. The beach is so relaxing. Addi didn't really like the waves, even the small ones, but she did like playing on the blanket and pouring buckets of water on herself. We also had two large pools to relax in - one in the shade, which was nice for Addi.
 |
| Addi and her Sitti |
 |
| Just hanging out on the beach |
 |
| An evening stroll along the beach -our resort was next to the protected park areas and it was beautiful and really secluded |
|
 |
| Breathtaking scenery |
 |
| Ready for a "night on the town" |
 |
| "Trying out" the waves |
 |
| Our beach "set-up" - what was really nice about this area was that everyone left their stuff out all day and overnight |
 |
| Checking out the beachview |
 |
| I love my shovels! |
 |
| Check out my shades! |
 |
| Just playing on the beach |
 |
| More awesome views |
 |
| Matching beach hair! |
We spent 4 nights there, but I guess we couldn't get enough of the beach because we headed for St. Teresa when we got home and spend Saturday there. Mom, Addi, and I played while Dad and Scott fished. Saturday evening Mom, Dad, Scott, and I made dinner and watched Tommyboy. Mom and I laughed so hard I was hurting! I forgot how great that movie is and of course mom LOVES it!
 |
| Fishing at St. Teresa |
I miss my parents so much and I know Addi misses them. She said "paa" and "ssss" for Grandpa and Sitti. Not sure she knows what the words mean (she likes to copy sounds) but it really made everyone's day. Even looking at their pictures and saying their names she said them again.
Addi is doing more new signs - ball, cow, and cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment