Today I turned 32. It seems like only yesterday I was celebrating my 4th birthday at Showbiz pizza, my 13th birthday with girls AND boys, my 21st birthday at TigerTownTavern, my 30th birthday at Pat and Libbi’s and all the birthdays inbetween. It seems like only yesterday… Birthdays are always special in my family. No matter the age, it is a special time. Favorite cake and dinner – lots of friends and family – lots of love. This year I actually got to celebrate my birthday on my birthday with my parents and sister. Just another perk of living close to family. Scott and Addi sang me happy birthday this morning (and she told me to blow out the candles over the phone!) and arrived tonight in enough time that I was able to cuddle with Addi as she fell back asleep. The smile on her face when she saw me was the best present of all. I received many phone calls (with singing – I love my friends!), Facebook messages, and text messages. Tomorrow we will sing and blow out candles on the chocolate cake with chocolate icing that mom made. I don’t know why I am suddenly struck by the fact that I am in my 30s – 32 feels much older than 31 did, but it feels good. Life is good and I am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment