Monday, January 13, 2014

7th Anniversary

Today is our seventh wedding anniversary. It is hard to believe that we have been married seven years and that we have been together 16 years. Our lives have changed so much from when we first began dating. We've grown as individuals and also as a couple. When we first began dating we were just teenagers, and the most important things in our lives revolved around sports, our friends, what we were going to do on the weekend, and going to college. We grew up together - we lived our 20's together, we've entered our 30's together, we've lived in three states, we became parents together...we have a lot of road ahead of us and we travel that road together as man and wife, as friends, as confidants, as parents, as children.

When I met Scott I was instantly drawn to him. However, it wasn't until later in our high school years that we began to date. He was a sweet, charming, smart, hard-working, honest, incredibly cute, (and sometimes cocky) teenager. Looking at him, I knew that he would grow to be a good man and that he has. He is more charming than ever, smart, hard-working, honest to a fault, incredibility cute (and handsome), and still sometimes cocky. He is also now an amazing father and his humor and tenacity can be seen on a daily basis. At our rehearsal dinner a friend stood up and talked about how I had told her that I loved Scott more on that day than I ever thought I could. This is still true. My love for him continues to grow as I watch him father my children and care for our family. It grows as I learn of his faults and hear his same stories. It grows as we grow, and I am grateful that we grow together. Life is not always easy but knowing that I've got such an amazing person to walk hand-in-hand through life makes it much easier.

The seventh anniversary is the year of copper and wool. Scott and I celebrated yesterday. We each gave the other a gift of wool and Scott gave me a 2007 penny so that I could make a wish into a copper-colored fountain. He also made a wish with a 2007 penny, and Addison made wishes for her and Hamilton. After our wish we walked in Edisto Gardens and just enjoyed time together. This weekend we are going up to the mountains to wear our wool and to take Addison snow tubing. Here are a few pictures...a blast from our past. I don't have any of the earlier ones digitally to put online.

1999

2005
2006
SC 2007
Newlyweds - SC -2007
Florida 2007
Florida 2008

Florida - 2008
New parents - Florida 2009
Washington DC 2010
Florida - 2011

2012
2013
2013
Expanding our family 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment