We were playing with her baby doll the other day, and I asked her to give the baby a kiss. She gave the doll a slobbery kiss and then blew it a kiss. Then I did it and she pushed the doll away. I guess next time, I will have to give her kisses before I give the doll kisses. She blew my parents a kiss via Skype the other day as well and waved bye to them when they waved to her. Her head shaking is actually starting to mean "no" instead of just random head shaking and at night after reading books, she only wants to rock for a minute or so then she points to her bed and squirms if you try to keep snuggling her. She still likes to snuggle though...just not at bed time when she has the bed in sight.
Although we are still eating most of our fruits and veggies in puree form (otherwise she doesn't eat enough of them), she is eating a lot of finger foods. Avocado, bananas, and cheese are her favorites! When she won't eat anything else, I can give her a slice of avocado. She enjoys grilled cheese sandwiches, pieces of cheese, and cottage cheese. She likes yogurt but really only the plain kind with fruit added too it. I've tried buying the Yo Baby and Gerber yogurt and she won't eat them. She doesn't really like juice or drinkable yogurt right now either. She loves her whole wheat kiddo cheese puffs and Goldfish -I'm telling you she LOVES cheese. She likes blueberries, cherries, and strawberries but cantaloupe and watermelon she turns her nose up at (I'm going to keep trying though because sometimes it take 7-10 times). She likes chewing on cucumbers, apples, and pears. She eats whole peas at day care but won't eat them here.
She's stood on her own for a few seconds but keeps losing her nerve and falling. She is cruising all around the furniture though. She loves to share things with everyone, but after sharing she likes it if you give it back to her. So she will share with you and then look at you waiting for you to share back with her.
Here are a couple of pictures...
Eating a cucumber at a picnic
Getting into the wine - it's a little early for that, Addi!
Enjoying a summer day at Brandy's party
No comments:
Post a Comment