Friday, May 6, 2011

another ear infection and more fun Addi updates!

So we have another ear infection - the right ear only this time. I am so happy we made the decision to get the second set of tubes.

Some good news...Addi was 25.5 lbs at the doctor today! Of course it was end of day with clothes but she finally hit the 25lb mark!

More fun Addi updates and of course for Scott and I to remember all her fun little things. We get so excited that we want to write down and record every little thing so we don't forget. So we apologize if it gets boring for everyone else :) She came home singing ABCs up to J today. After J she just says random letters and a couple of times she said the words at the end of the song.  The supervisor at her daycare pulled me aside to tell me that she can name all of her shapes...even pentagon and octagon! She was walking by the room when she heard her so she peeked her head in to see. She can point them out and she can name them. She said Addi gets really excited doing them, which is so cute! Of course she still comes home with her shoes full of sand from playing outside. She loves it outside. She sits with her buddies on a tire wheel in the sand and they scoop and pour sand. Of course there is other equipment, but 9 times out of 10 she is on that when we pick her up. Inside they do all types of art, reading, music, and play. Everything is play. She is getting over her shyness and each day when we drop her off she runs in her room usually over to the table to eat breakfast. In the afternoon she runs over to say hi, then goes back, grabs her cup, jacket, and daily progress paper, then runs back to us to leave. She is starting to say bye in front of everyone instead of waiting until we leave to say bye. She finally took a school photo - we've tried twice before and she refused. We joke that she is 2/2 for Santa but 0/2 for school. This time she took it but they said she was on the verge of being upset. We didn't think it would happen, but are happy they finally got one. We can't wait to see the proofs!

She made me a Mother's Day hand-print with a poem on it. I almost cried when I picked her up today and got it. I can't believe how blessed I am to be a mother. She is the greatest gift God has given me and she makes me so grateful for my own Mother, who is such an amazing person - thoughtful, patient, loving, and kind. She knows everything, and I have so much to learn from her. Although I really appreciated my Mother before I had Addison, I have a new level of appreciation for all the love she gave me and all the sacrifices she made for me. I am the person I am today because of my parents. Thanks, Mom. I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment