We took Addi to the Clemson-FSU baseball game the other afternoon. It was a lot of fun! We only stayed for an hour and a half and got to see a few innings (lots of Clemson points on the board and a couple of home runs! The innings we saw were the best ones evidently!) since it was a 6pm game. We all had a great time! Addi clapped at all the right times and said "go tigers!" as well. An added bonus, we won!

 |
|
We've only put Addi in time out once in the last several months. She didn't really understand it enough when we tried it before. Several weeks ago was the first time we put her in one. She hit Dylan, and we explained that we don't hit, we love and that if she did it again she would get time out. She hit Dylan again, and we put her in the corner in time out. She cried but stayed in the corner. After we talked to her and she gave Dylan hugs and gave us hugs and we all went back to our day. Fast forward a week, her and I are hanging out. She hits Dylan. I give her a warning and she walks over to the corner, stands there, and cries. I did my best not to laugh since I hadn't put her in time out, but she had put herself in time out. I told her it was okay to come out of the corner and we talked and hugged and she told Dylan "sorry." She did this the next week with Scott when she started to get into some books she knew she wasn't suppose to get into. When Marie and Ricky were here she started to do something she knew she wasn't suppose to do (I don't know exactly what it was) and she looked at Ricky and said, "time out" and put herself in the corner. He told her she didn't have to go in time-out and she came out and gave him hugs. We just try not to laugh when she puts herself in time-out, which is more than we've put her in time-out!
Addi had me in tears the other night as she insisted on reading to me. She has been "reading" pieces of books to us and reading them with us for a while now, but she pretty much read
I love you, Stinky Face verbatim. It is such a sweet book that when she read it by herself, I got teary. I also got teary because it really made me realize that she is growing up so quickly. She also wanted to say her own prayers that night and has parts of her prayers memorized as well. It is precious! She did want to rock and cuddle afterward and let me read her some other books (she read 3 and I read 3) so she isn't all grown up yet. Of course she really likes to go through and only read her favorite parts on most nights and last night she wanted to read Stinky Face over and over and over but she only wanted to read the "mama, mama..." pieces. My little baby is becoming an independent little girl who also loves to be held and rocked.
 |
| Our new favorite park - Winthrop Park - nice and shaded and has small toddler equipment so we don't worry that Addi is going to fall off climbing to the slide. She has not grasped this yet...the other day she almost walked off of a 4 foot drop at a different part. |
 |
| Wearing one of the dresses mom made when we were little. |
 |
| I think I have it tied up too high in the back :) |
That's funny that she puts herself in timeout. Vivian does something and then says "I need to go sit on naughty step."
ReplyDelete-Y
I know - it surprises us because we hadn't really done TO much for her to really know what it was! lol!
ReplyDelete