| This morning before school |
This morning Addi was singing ABCs and the I Love You song (not learned from Barney - thankfully she hasn't gone there...), and I managed to get some of it on video.
A glimpse inside our everyday morning...before Addi was talking this much, she would walk over to Scott and say bite when she wanted a bite of his cereal. Now he knows that each morning during the week they will share a bowl of cereal. This is on top of Addi's normal breakfast. As you can see in this video, she wants to do it herself now. Before she let Scott feed it to her. I managed to catch part of the Wiggles song toward the end.
Today she celebrated her birthday with her friends at school. She moved up to the younger 2-year room yesterday (no sippee cups at school!) and today they had a party for her. We brought cupcakes and all of her friends sang Happy Birthday and they made her a picture. She came home happy and her new teacher said she had a great day.
This afternoon we spent the day playing and hanging out and continued the celebration. After dinner we had a small piece of a little cake I made and Addi opened her presents. She loved all of them. She sang Happy Birthday with us and got excited each time someone sang it to her. She wanted to play with the puzzles right away and we read the books at bedtime. She loved playing with the maracas as well. She spoke with several people on the phone and by the time bedtime came around she was tired. She enjoys holding up her fingers and saying 2, although she can't figure out how to only hold up two fingers.
This last video shows snippets of her and the cake (didn't get good footage of it) and of her playing with her puzzles and maracas. Most of it is her doing the puzzle. I love watching her work through it and talk to us about it.
colin and i enjoyed watching this after dinner! he said, "she has scott's OCD" when she walked over and shut the gate to the kitchen :)
ReplyDeletei love the cake! super cute and trendy almost?
i'm a large fan of her pigtails, also.
i can't believe how tall she has gotten!
lots of love,
the hightowers
So glad you and C watched it together! The cake turned out well especially since it was a last minute idea when I was making cupcakes for school. I can't believe her hair is long enough to finally get all (well most) of it in full pigtails. We miss you both!
ReplyDelete