Our little boo is 7weeks and 3 days today. I can't believe how much she has grown. We had our 2month appointment today. She looked great - she has gained 3lbs since birth putting her at 10lbs and 13oz. She is 22inches which is short but our doctor doesn't seemed worried. Have I mention how much our doctor rocks!!! We love her. She is a young mom (who had her babies while in med school away from family) so she is easy to relate to. Plus, she sees no problem with Addi having to go to daycare next week (tomorrow actually). Scott held Addi during her shots. I couldn't even look. She screamed bloody murder and then I nursed her for comfort purposes and she calmed right down. So far she isn't fussy but I allocated the rest of the day for Mommy-Addi time in case she didn't feel well. Of course she is sleeping ;-) Scott is dropping Addi off for her first day of daycare tomorrow - I just can't do it. We love the center and know everything will be great but its still hard to leave her. Its only part time after these first couple of weeks (I have to have extra time to prepare for my exam). She had her first official - not family or friend - sitter yesterday for a few hours. It went well. I almost cried when I left though.
She is really active first thing in the morning and later in the afternoon. We dance, sing, and read. In the mornings she is content listening to music (especially Raffi), kicking, and dancing, and of course talking and singing to us. She LOVES her mobile and gets really excited when she looks at it and listens to Raffi. In the afternoons it varies...she likes playing and listening to music on her own and sometimes she wants to cuddle and play or read or dance with us. She is a very snuggly baby...not surprising since we are a snuggly family - can't help it my family is super snuggly. We aren't sure what happened to Dylan :) - probably growing up with all college boys for the first 3-4 years of her life. She does like to hang out on the bed with us which is probably my doing during college. That first night I went and got her out of the kitchen and brought her to bed with me. She likes her own space and isn't really a snuggler. Although she always wants to be with Scott and I.
No comments:
Post a Comment