Thursday, October 15, 2009

life updates

I've been thinking a lot about time lately and how I just don't seem to have enough of it. I told Scott that I needed a clone of myself so I could spend more time with Addison, get my school work done, do some research and writing, spend time with family and friends, and take care of the house without feeling like I'm drowning half the time. Its just this week, maybe? My to-do list keeps getting longer and anytime I can cross something off, some new (or something I forgot) pops up.

I'm nervous about going to Louisville for the conference the last week of October and having to leave Addison for 3.5 days. Scott is going to take a couple of days off to hang out with her but I hate that I won't be able to nurse her while I'm gone. I'm nervous about presenting at the conference as I am first author and well I just get nervous about stuff like this.

This weekend my sister is coming in town. I am excited to see her although I won't have a lot of time to spend with her as I will be playing catch up most of the weekend. I am also excited about going to dinner with some friends that are going to be in town this weekend. My dear friend is moving to Texas so we only have two more weekends to hang out before she leaves. Michelle said she would babysit so both Scott and I can go to dinner and hang out for a bit. Michelle just got engaged so I can't wait to talk wedding stuff. How fun!!!

Addison is definitely teething. Her pediatrician said we can give her tylenol or teething tablets as needed. Usually we only have to give it to her at night because she gets really fussy then. It helps and she is able to sleep through the night again. She is to young for oral gel. I feel so bad for her. I never got wisdom teeth so I don't even know the kind of pain she is in. She is still trying to roll over - each time she gets so close. I put her exersaucer together but she still can't hold her head up long enough to sit in it. Soon I think. I keep having dreams that we have another baby in late July/early August- a boy, which means we would be getting pregnant now. They are so vivid and we rearrange the nursery and Scott and I are trying to figure things out. These dreams are freaking me out a bit!

This Friday we visit the orthopedic doctor and find out if Addi has to wear the harness any longer. She has been wearing it at night for about 8 weeks now. Scott is taking her since I'll be in class.

I've been reading/listening for leisure lately. I don't really have the time to actually sit down and read so I've bee listening to books on my iTouch. I listened to Time Traveler's Wife - read the book a while back and forgot how wonderful it was. I just finished listening to Shanghai Girls by Lisa See - not nearly as good as her other books and I wasn't fond of the ending. I just started one of my all-time favorites Beach Music by Pat Conroy. I've never listened to it so I'm picking up things that I've missed the other times I've read it. At night right before I got to bed I read a few pages of The Lovely Bones. Its intense but I like it.

This weekend Scott is probably going to take Addi to the Pumpkin Festival. Michelle will go with them and we will dress Addi up in her pumpkin costume. I'll make sure they take pictures and post some next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment