Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm 30!

I have a ton of great pictures to post, but my computer hard drive died yesterday so I won't be able to get them until it gets fixed. I had just backed-up all of my files so hopefully I didn't lose anything. I also had purchased the 3-year warranty, which runs out in August, so I am really lucky! Brandy and Dan are letting me use their computer for a couple of days so I can do some of my work - A lot of it is on my computer and back-up system that the techie folks have so I can only do some of it.

I had an amazing birthday week. 30 has been wonderful so far. Scott is truly an amazing husband - he had a surprise party for me with oysters and hotdogs (my favorites!) plus lots of my close friends and family. Even Laura came in from Savannah! (she brought the Jager :)) It was wonderful! Pat and Libbi had the party at their house - they rock!!! I also went to Belmont to visit with Sr. Michel and Aunt Libby and our other friends. It snowed while we were there so Addison got to see the snow. It didn't stick but was coming down like crazy. The snow cut our trip short but we were able to have lunch at the convent and visit for a couple of hours. We then headed to Monica's apartment and spent a couple of days with her and Spencer. I also got to meet her boyfriend who is supercute and really nice. I wish we could have hung out more. Monica came down to SC for the weekend as well. Addison and I headed to Kannapolis (about 20 minutes from Monica's place in Charlotte) and visited with my dear friend Carrie and her sweet little one Mary Elizabeth. Of course Marty was there and I was able to see Linda and Reed. We went by my old school and said hello to everyone and let them meet Addison. We also had lunch at Macadoos and went shopping! I love shopping in Charlotte/Concord area. There is never enough time to do all of the shopping :) But I got Scott a couple of things for his birthday and some summer clothes for Addison and a couple of tops for myself . Then Addison and I headed back to SC to hang out with the family, see Scott (he flew in there), and of course the party. Every time we go home, I want to move back there. I miss everyone so much. Maybe one day. I realized that Addison has a threshold for riding in the car of about 3 hours. It took us almost 9 hours to get home with her and Dylan. She screamed for a good 4-5 hours of that trip on the way there. She was not happy and wanted to get out and play or at least see me. When we finally arrived in SC she wouldn't go to anyone but me - not any of her grandparents! Mom had a birthday dinner for me that night and Addison finally calmed down. She was still sketchy the next day in Belmont but eventually she warmed up to everyone and was okay. She was fine on the trip to Belmont (2.5hrs). We left at 7pm to come back to FL from SC and she slept the entire way. I only stopped for gas - it took us under 6 hours to get home.

Addison turned 8 months old last week and is about to crawl. She has crawled a couple of steps then she drops down into the army crawl. She has moved from the infant room to the crawler room at daycare, and I think she is going to LOVE it!. They have all kinds of new toys including some push toys. They do art twice a week so I saw Addison's artwork from yesterday. They have circle time on the floor and they read, sing, and play. It was so great! Mrs. Wanda already knows Addison which is a plus - she helps in the infant room sometimes. She told me that all of the kids in the crawler room eat the lunch provided by the daycare (e.g. spaghetti, mac and cheese, potatoes) but that she was waiting for the go ahead from us before feeding them that so she eats in the infant room still. The crawlers sit at the table and eat. I told her to go ahead with the potatoes but am hestant about the rest. I've tried pieces of food and aside from Mum-mums and puffs she isn't interested. We will try potatoes this week and maybe pasta this weekend? I'm not really sure what to do. I am taking her sippy cup in - I told her that she has been "using" it for a couple of months but that she is still learning. Oh my - she is really growing up! She's just a little baby and they want to feed her spaghetti!?!?! It's probably just me...

Scott turns 29 this week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment