Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Washington DC

Last week Addi and I went to DC to see Scott. Addi traveled well although she has to be entertained on the plane. Luckily the people sitting around us enjoyed entertaining her. The first couple of days were cold, rainy, and windy which kept us inside more than we wanted but we still tried to get out. We had beautiful weather the rest of the week. We stayed right by George Washington University at the Doubletree Suites. It was also the week of the Cherry Blossom Festival and spring break so it was insanely crazy - we waited to get into everything! Although we had a wonderful trip walking around town and visiting all of the sites (we rode the metro train and walked everywhere! - we didn't even bring the car seat.) seeing Scott every day was the highlight of our trip. Plus, it was nice to see where he stays and have a better understanding of where he is. Addi didn't sleep while we were there -she was cutting teeth and all of the city noise kept her up. Often she fell asleep while we were out and about. I was able to visit with Tracy and her son Declan and Catey while I was in town. We all went to the International Spy Museum and then to lunch at Gordon Biersh. Scott and I ate at a ton of wonderful places including my favorite Thai place (ThaiTanic) of all times that I've been talking about for the last couple of years. It was better than I remember! We also had the best Chinese food at One Fish Two Fish - Scott said he will never eat "regular" Chinese again. Addi and I went to Georgetown and shopped and visited the Museum of Natural History and the Holocaust Museum. We walked around the National Mall area all week and of course walked by the White House many times. Scott, Addi, and I went to Chinatown/Verizon Center, the Cherry Blossom Festival by the Tidal Basin, Georgetown, Waterfront, and the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden just to name a few. Here are some pictures.

Addi loved playing on the king size bed - she just laughed and laughed!
   
waiting by the Metro train with Daddy who is heading to work
Addi finally met Catey!

No comments:

Post a Comment