Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An explosion of communication!

In the last couple of weeks we have had an explosion of non-verbal communication. Addi has started to make the connection between more objects and what they do - she puts the phone to her ear and yesterday she picked up someone's hat and put it on her head (well, she tried). She signed doggie last week and has been doing it consistently. She also signed duck and phone. She is pointing more often when she wants things or she is noticing things (e.g. pointing at her puffs).

We are in SC this week and next. We had a wonderful time in St. George Island with our friends and I will post pictures soon. This week Addi has gotten to spend time with lots of family and friends and she has played with several babies and toddlers as well. She spent the entire weekend with her cousin Elise.

She has also gotten a new tooth and I have a feeling many more are about to make an appearance. She is feeling much better (we were dealing with a virus and sinus infection last week), and she is really enjoying her time at home. My aunts, parents, sister, and other family are helping watch her so I can get my work done while in SC. We've tried some new food as well - so far she does not like pasta  but she does like tomatoes in sauce, kibbee, and strawberries (she only had a taste of each but liked them all). I also found out that there is canned pumpkin in a store nearby so we are stocking up! I have been looking at home for months with no success.


I've taken a lot of pictures and will post them soon. I don't have Internet on my computer while at home so I am having to use mom's.

Scott should be coming home soon! He was told he will be starting  new position in the next couple of weeks and he wont be travelling nearly as often!!! We are so excited - he has been traveling for 3 years.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for canned pumpkin!! We stocked up too! :)

    ReplyDelete