My first Mother's Day was wonderful. Scott made me breakfast and dinner all weekend and we picnicked at St. Teresa and just enjoyed time as a family. It was wonderfully relaxing and it made me really excited for our St. George Island trip coming up this weekend. Being a mother is such a wonderful gift...one that I am forever grateful for.
I stopped breastfeeding on Mother's Day. A few days before that I gradually lessened the number of breastfeedings. Although I wanted to go 12 months, there were several factors that played into my decision. Addi has been self-weaning and just didn't nurse well anymore. She takes much more from a bottle. Babies sometimes show their independence in this way. She also was getting distracted and was starting to bite, which isn't fun for anyone. My supply has been dropping since she turned 9 months so I couldn't keep up with the amount of milk she needed. So I made the decision, nursed that night and was done with it. So far it is going well. She hasn't grabbed at me or acted as if she wants it, which reaffirms my decision. It was time and we were both ready. Surprisingly, I didn't realize how much time pumping and nursing took! I feel like I have extra time in my day. That said, I would do it all over again and would have gone 12 months if possible. Nursing was something special between the two of us.
Addi was really funny at the beach. At first she didn't like the sand and would only sit on our laps in the water. Then, once she decided that she would sit in the water on the sand, she was both scared and excited about the waves. These are tiny waves...almost non-existent so this was really funny. She kept looking at them and crawling away into our laps. Finally, she got use to them and just played in the water.

No comments:
Post a Comment