Today is our 4 year anniversary. We follow the traditional anniversary gift list and this year is "fruit and flowers" so I made Scott dark chocolate covered strawberries and bananas and arranged them like a flower (well kind of). Tonight we are going to dinner at a local restaurant with a rooftop bar. Since it is really cold, we will probably have our drinks inside instead of on the roof, but hopefully we will be able to walk around and check out the view. Our friend Natalie gave us a gift certificate to this restaurant for Christmas and included babysitting with it! She always watches Addison for us and we are so appreciative of this. When we get home we will have the fruit and champagne.
(Added later)
When we got to the restaurant (Shula's), Scott had flowers waiting for me at the table. It was so romantic and sweet. We enjoyed amazing food, drink, and company. When we got home we enjoyed the fruit, opened our cards, and decided the champagne needed to wait because we had two drinks with dinner and both had a lot to do today (we are so old sometimes!). Here are some pictures of the flowers. I couldn't get good pictures of them, and I don't edit flowers photographs well.
We don't do a lot on our anniversary as far as gifts are concerned. Usually, they are small gifts with large meaning behind them. Normally, we would cook dinner together (something new and fun!) or have an indoor picnic with our favorite foods (each person in charge of foods for the other person). When Scott and I first started dating he took me on a picnic on the old Santee bridge for our 9 month anniversary and made all of my favorites, which included pickles, olives, fruit, veggies and dip, various cheeses, pimento cheese and celery, and deviled eggs so we like to continue this tradition sometimes.
Year 1: Paper (I gave Scott a scrapbook from our honeymoon and he gave me a massage gift certificate).
Year 2: Cotton (I gave Scott a t-shirt and he gave me socks. Since I can't wear flip-flops year-round I am picky about socks but I love them).
Year 3: Leather (I gave Scott a wallet and belt and he gave me shoes).
Year 4: Fruit and Flowers (I gave Scott handmade dark chocolate covered strawberries and he gave me a bouquet of white flowers - I LOVE flowers).
No comments:
Post a Comment