Monday, January 17, 2011

She said a sentence!

Addison's first sentence (that we understood): "I draw hurt"

Context for her sentence, because it did make sense :)

We were coloring and I said, let's draw Daddy a heart because we love him. And I drew and colored a red heart. Addison colored beside my heart in red crayon. Addison looked at me and signed and said "hurt" (both firsts). I asked her, "what is hurt?" She looked at me, pointed to her red scribbles, and said, "I draw hurt." I got excited and she said it again! I tried to tell her that the heart was love (which she signed) and hurt was something different, but she didn't quite get it. It was so cute!

She has been putting together two words on her own since last week. She looked at Scott eating and said, "daddy eat" and then she looked at me eating and "mommy eat." Over the weekend when we were playing peek-a-boo, I was waiting on her turn when she said, "mommy boo" indicating that no it was my turn. How exciting! She looks at us and speaks in sentences all the time but we don't know what she is saying. She will say two words together, but we usually put them together (e.g. clean-up, uh-oh, oh wow, thank you). But now she is putting the words together herself. It is so exciting watching her grow.

Another fun random note...she loves to help empty the dishwasher. This started over the break while we were in SC but it has continued. She puts the silverware away in the right drawer (I put all the sharp and harmful utensils away first) and then I give her other plastic and metal items to put away. Many of them I only have to tell her once - she remembers it the next time (e.g. the mixing bowls - she puts them on the rack nested little to big). As soon as we start to empty the dishwasher, she runs over to help. I love that she likes to help. Hopefully, it will last ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment