Friday, January 13, 2012

Holidays Part 2: Our Trip to NC

Mom, Addi, and I spent three days in Belmont, NC at the convent visiting family and friends. Addi and I also visited Carrie and her family in Kannapolis but it was only for a few hours. :( We did get a chance to eat at the Townhouse though - yum - and visit with Marty, Mr. Reed, and Mrs. Linda while at lunch. Addi ate all of Mrs. Linda's mashed potatoes, and I was glad that we are all like family otherwise I would have been mortified! After the initial offer, she kept going for them and eventually stopped asking permission. She normally doesn't like mashed potatoes but mashed potatoes with gravy from the Townhouse is another story! We had a great time at the convent visiting with Sr. Michel and Aunt Libby and the rest of our "family" there. I grew up visiting the convent and many of the sisters (such as Sr. Mary Andrew or "Sr. Boo" and Sr. Soledad) are like family. The day we had to leave Lisa and Chris came to visit. They were in town for the holidays and we were sooooo excited that we got to see them. It too was a short visit but a couple of hours is better than no time at all. I miss everyone so much so it was a wonderful Christmas present for us all.

Enjoying her first ice cream cone - we are spoon and bowl folks :)

Walking with Aunt Libby

Playing with Mary Elizabeth

So much fun! I can't believe how much M.E. has grown!

Her second ice cream cone...one perk of visiting the convent - the sweets!

Outside looking at Christmas lights with Sitti

Four generations - Aunt Libby on the left and Sr. Michel in the front right

We are family! Chris and Lisa join our picture. 

Lisa and Addi

Sr. Michel was bestowed an award for service from the President of Lebanon and since I couldn't make it for the ceremony, I got her to pose with her award for me.  

Addi got into taking pictures so here is one she took of the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment