For our 5 year anniversary (the week before actually), Scott and I went to Crystal River and kayaked with the manatees. We had a wonderful time and saw so many manatees! We saw a lot of babies with their mamas and even saw one nursing. The juvenile manatees were curious and came up to us wanting their noses to be scratched. One even rolled over so I would rub his belly! They have nails on their fins. That evening we had dinner on the river and listened to live music while enjoying one another company. It was a lovely trip. The pictures didn't turn out great (old film in the disposable I guess), but they will give you a sense of things.
 |
| Heading out of the center |
 |
| Mama and baby |
 |
| Petting a manatee |
 |
| Right before I scratched his nose |
 |
| Petting another manatee |
The actual day of our anniversary, Scott, Addi, and I went to
Cypress restaurant here in Tallahassee. The food was some of the best food we've ever had and the chefs had utilized a lot of local flavors to create true culinary masterpieces. Scott had flowers at home earlier that day...white daisies and orange tulips - my two favorite flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment