Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So we finally started a blog...

Happy Easter!

We wanted to start a blog to keep everyone updated on what was going on with Scott and I and our little family. I figured it would be easier to get in the habit now.


All is well. My parents were in town this past weekend and it was a wonderful visit. I miss them so much already! My mom helped me out with some baby stuff (picking out the Itso stuff, etc) and she absolutely loved the furniture. She was able to meet Karen, our doula, and feels really good knowing someone will be here with me with her so far away. She really likes Karen and her "calm" nature and the crazy amount of knowledge she has. She is planning on coming when she finds out I'm in labor but they live 6 hours away so it may be a while before she gets here, plus we already decided that it was best if it was just Scott and I (and the doula and med staff) in the delivery room. Plus, since Scott travels it will be nice to know I will have someone with me if he is out of town and can't get here right away. My dad spoiled Dylan as usual and was quite impressed with our garden...its so tiny compared to his but he said it looks good. My friend Catey was in town with her boyfriend so we got to see them for a couple of hours as well. I miss my friends and family so much!

Other than picking out a rocker, we are finished with the furniture pieces of the nursery. We picked out a glider but may change our minds...thinking of getting a traditional rocker and have Erin make a cushion for it. One of my dearest and long-time friends, Erin is helping us decorate the nursery - we wanted to do the Peek-a-boo theme from Cocalo collection. I got the lamp and the light switch plate. She is using her amazing creative skills so Poppy can have an awesome place to hang. She is also working on a valance and a dust ruffle and maybe a quilt. YAY! After we have the baby, I might get some letters to spell out Poppy's name on the wall. I found some great wooden ones on eBay.

Erin started working on some wall art...the last picture is going to be a monkey. I almost started crying. Its perfect.



Scott spent some time a couple of weekends ago putting together our crib and changing table. I'm in love...and Mom and I put up the other stuff this past weekend. We've been given some stuff as gifts so I put them out in the room. The pictures aren't that great...




No comments:

Post a Comment