Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthday Fun!

I turned 31 today and had a WONDERFUL birthday! I am blessed in so many ways and had a wonderfully special day...I want to put into words how awesome it was, but I really can't so instead I will share my day with everyone.

My day started with being able to sleep in! That is right...all parents know that this is truly a special gift! So I slept until 8:20am and when I awoke Addi was dressed and ready to go. I grabbed breakfast and some coffee and we were out the door by 9:45. We had a playdate! It was our last signing group since Mrs. Carol (our teacher) is moving. We will have field-trips until she moves and continue the playgroups each week but the actual signing portion is over. After playdate Addi and I had lunch and she napped while I curled up and read a book for leisure. After she awoke from her nap we headed to the Tallahassee Museum to visit the natural habitat zoo. We just got a membership and LOVE it there! Addi and I spent 2 hours walking the trails and watching the animals. We also visited the farm animals and got to feed some of them since the trainers (not sure if they were trainers...maybe caretakers?) were out doing their rounds. Most of the animals in the wildlife portion were injured or in captivity and are no longer able to live in the wild because they will not survive.

We left around 4:00 and headed home where Daddy was already preparing my birthday surprises and getting dinner started. I came home to an adoring husband (this is an everyday thing though), an oreo cupcake that was big enough for us all to share, a purple orchid from Monica, birthday cards, phone messages, Facebook messages, presents (Asian zing sauce - my favorite wing sauce and a Flip video camera - lots of videos for the blog coming up!), and so much more! I am loved and feel really special! Scott made Dijon and rosemary pork chops with applesauce, roasted asparagus, and roasted potatoes. It is 8pm and I am tired. So off to hang out with Scott for  a little while longer. Below are a ton of pictures from the day. Man-o-man what a great birthday!


Play group with Bebo the Bear and friends
Sliding down the slide at play group
 A few of the animals we saw today:
owls
Otter!

Wolf
Bobcat

Albino Squirrel? We saw a couple of these white squirrels

Florida Panther - an endangered animal

Black bear - a little annoyed that people were watching him while he slept


Peeking over the fence at the sheep or "baa"





Kisses for mommy!


Chocolate Oreo Cupcake

"Have some of mine"

Orchid from Monica

Presents and Cards

"Can I have a chocolate hug please, Addi?" - "Of course mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment