Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Scott turns 30!

So he is going to write this blog post...

I was fortunate enough to actually have two birthday parties.  Addi has been singing Happy Birthday to me all week as well and it has been great.

The first was on my actual birthday where Jen and Addi cooked me one of my favorite meals, Fish Tacos.  First time she has ever cooked these and they were excellent.  One of the best meals I have ever eaten.

Then Addi helped me open my birthday presents.  First we opened up all of the cards from the parents.  Then I opened up Addi and Dylan's present.  They gave me a new pair of Rainbows which was much needed.  Then Jen surprised me with a large box that had another box in it and another box in it.  Great lead up to a great gift.  She gave me two tickets to see the Red Sox down in Tampa in September.  I was extremely excited and we even jumped online and booked a hotel room that night.  Our friend Brandy has already decided to keep Addi for the night so Jen and I can go. A very exciting day but it was not over yet.

My next party was on Saturday.  I cooked some ribs and macaroni pie (which are some of my favorites) and we had some friends come over for drinks, food and sour cream pound cake.  Check out the picture of me blowing out the candles.  They would not stay lit so we had to take a picture of me acting like I was blowing them out.  We had a great time hanging out with everyone and I even went out for a few more cocktails later that night.

All in all it was one of the best birthdays of my life.  Jennifer and Addi are just wonderful people and do everything for me, and I am truly blessed to have them in my life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment