Friday, April 1, 2011

Suwannee Springfest 2011

Last weekend we went Live Oak, FL for Suwannee Springfest for a long weekend of music and camping. We met up with Lindsey and her family and a couple of her friends (bayley and allan -rockstars and awesome with the kiddos by the way!). It was a great weekend, although Scott and I froze the first two nights since it was colder than we anticipated. Addi had a nice warm blanket so she was fine. One night I pulled her in bed with us because something startled her and I wanted to share her blanket. Seriously, her one blanket was warmer than our three! She had a great time dancing and playing with Dana. After every song and set list, Addi clapped. It was too cute! She slept well but had to nap in the car...just too much going on. It was fine since we could listen to the music on one of the side stages near the campground while she napped. The weather during the day was wonderful. Other than the random fireworks in the middle of the night, the freezing cold first two nights, and the ticks (yes, Scott and I had lots of ticks when we got home) it was a great time! We would do it again and again and might head to the fall festival. It was so much fun - Thanks Lindsey for inviting us!


I was excited to see Donna The Buffalo and The Avett Brothers and have some new music to download...Josh Phillips Folk Festival and The Honeycutters (which I really loved!). We only knew a handful of the bands so we let Lindsey and Bayley lead the way to the different stages. Scott went back to the tent during Avett Brothers since we couldn't get Addi to sleep at the stage, and he knows I really wanted to see them...it was getting late for her. He was able to catch most of DTB since we put Addi in her pjs on site.
swinging in the hammock

just enjoying the music
Playing in the dirt on the front row of the stage

Enjoying a snack in the wagon


Of course Addi wanted to color while we were there


Just us girls: Lindsey, Jen, Addi, and Bayley


Addi and Daddy throwing the football around

I'm gonna catch it!?!

Too cute!

Dancing during Donna the Buffalo

Not sure what Addi is laughing about but it makes me smile

Taking in the scene at the mainstage

Scoping out the mainstage environment

Entrance into the mainstage and festival area
Feeding the mini horse during our walk Sunday morning

chapel on grounds...I thought it was really pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment